Thursday 11 August 2011

Sunny Day Blue

"Your love illuminates my world with sunlight"


Getting to sleep is going to be tricky tonight thanks to the bout of giddiness brought on by securing a mint copy of this little ray of sunshine pop.  I became more than a little obsessed with 'Sunny Day Blue' a few weeks back after hearing the above clip, my interest in Fargo having been piqued by the coincidence of seeing a picture of their lp in two musically astute friends' online photo albums on the same day.  To these ears it's as good as anything committed to vinyl by Curt Boettcher or any of his contemporaries*. I adore its little diamante guitars and its air of complete wholesomeness. I'm willing to lay serious money on the fact that just listening to it is making me healthier not only mentally but physically; like it's helping me produce some much needed vitamin D.  Big thanks are due to T and K for unwittingly pointing me in Fargo's direction!

* That I've heard, that is.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed. Utterly glorious pop. Heard this obscure little B-side masterpiece by way of a Surf washing powder commercial of all places on British tv. A beautiful acid-reverie reply to The Cascades 'Rhythm of the Falling Rain' from just 5 or 6 years earlier.
    Can't stop playing it. :-)

    ReplyDelete