Friday 23 August 2013

PUPS



Where It's At Is Where You Are's 2013 7" series has yielded another smash in PUPS' "Month Long Sleep".  I'm aware that I really love it as I do everything faster when it plays.  The downside of this is that I've just eaten too many chocolate (plain - I am a grown up!) digestives .  The upside of it, however, is that I walked home in double-quick time as I listened to mp3s of it on repeat last night.  PUPS are Katie, Rose and Caitlin.  Rose is Rose Melberg.  That's thee Rose Melberg who hasn't appeared on a bad record in her best-part-of-two-decade long involvement in music.  As with Tiger Trap, Rose doesn't sing all the songs and, as with Tiger Trap, the other singers in PUPS are great in their own right, adding a little more spikiness and bite to the proceedings.  PUPS are from Vancouver, Canada and continue that city's fine line of nippy, zippy pop groups that includes Cub and Gaze.  PUPS' debut 45 is everything I need a single in summer 2013 to be: it's vigorous, it's breezy and it's completely unpretentious.  Way to go WIAIWYA!



2 comments:

  1. lovely song

    I feel compelled to spam your post with music from nz and also because we seem to have similar taste, have you heard of salad boys?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvR8Xc-WfEw

    and this xray charles song is lovely and very cute vid
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjE4-9jmTxI

    and heres some nz new wave
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXBH21UjLvU

    keep posting, i love your links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alice,

    Cheers for the links, I'll check them out when I get home.

    cheers, brogues

    ReplyDelete